Home - Ambien
Ambien represents a sedative drug that is also known as hypnotic medicine. It influences the chemical structure in the brain that may not be balanced in patients suffering from insomnia. It decreases the excitability of the brain cells and encourages a healthy night’s sleep. As a result, it is most commonly prescribed as an effective solution to serious sleep disorders including insomnia. It is available in different forms such as immediate-release and delayed-release tablets. Immediate-release pills allow you to fall asleep quicker, while extended-release pills help you stay asleep for longer periods and prevent waking up early. Your medical adviser will determine which drug suits your needs most.
Note that Ambien may provoke a serious allergic reaction. If you see any signs of an allergy after using this drug, discontinue using it and get urgent medical help. Do not share the tablets with anyone, even if they suffer from the same symptoms. Abuse of this drug may result in hazardous consequences, while the recommended dose may vary from person to person. Ambien may provoke changes in your reactions and lead to the inability to stay alert. Do not engage in any activities that require staying alert if you are under the influence of this drug. Avoid taking Ambien with alcohol or in larger quantities than advised. This medicine may provoke addiction if taken for a long time or in high doses. Do not stop using it all of a sudden to prevent withdrawal symptoms, including the following:
- Behavioral changes;
- Mental problems such as anxiety.
Recommendations for Use
Take this pill as prescribed by your physician and follow all the directions with precision. The recommended doses and duration of treatment may vary from case to case. This medicine is not supposed to be used by children. Follow the recommendations if you intend to use this drug:
- It should be taken without a meal on an empty stomach;
- You should not crush the tablets or break them before use;
- Ambien may provoke addiction or overdose, and in some cases, the consumption of this drug may be lethal. Avoid using it in greater amounts than recommended and refrain from sharing it with others;
- Do not take this medication if you do not intend to sleep for up to 8 hours after using it;
- Ambien is intended only for short-term use. It should not be taken for more than 4-5 weeks without consulting a physician;
- Insomnia symptoms may come back after you stop using this drug or become worse than previously. Call your healthcare provider to get professional advice if the symptoms recur.
More information: https://www.rxlist.com/ambien-drug.htm
Ambien may provoke minor or major side effects that might include the following symptoms:
- Unsteadiness that can be severe;
- Feeling of confusion;
- Dizziness or drowsiness;
- Too fast heart rate;
- Impaired vision;
- Dry mouth;
- Intense headache;
- Absence of appetite;
- Digestive disorders such as nausea or vomiting.
Contact your physician if you observe any severe side effects after using this drug. Seek help immediately if the symptoms do not disappear or persist for a long time.